The Church of Vihanti

A wooden, cross-shaped church from 1784 has a prominent place in the centre of Vihanti.

The present church is the second and built during Gustav III in 1784.

The name of the church is the name of Kustaa III's wife, Sofia Magdalena.

The constructor was a famous church builder Simon Silvén-Jylkkä from Metsäkylä of Kalajoki.

The current bell tower represents late Ostrobothnian renaissance and it has been in place during the first church. It was built in 1752.

Further information
Church registry office, tel. +358 8 213 2700
Home page
On the map