Raahe has a long history in organising town-twinning activities. These relations have been established based on the needs of internationalisation, cultural collaboration and the business community.
Municipalities twinned with Raahe
Meetings between twinned towns are organised according to the agreements.
- Skellefteå, Sweden, the agreement was signed in 1940.
- Mo i Rana, Norway, the agreement was signed in 1946.
- Cherepovets, Russia, the agreement was signed in 1968 and renewed in 1997. Town-twinning visits have been actively organised for 50 years. The year 2018 is the 50th anniversary for the towns of Raahe and Cherepovets.
- Kosice, Slovakia, the agreement was signed in 1987 and renewed in 2001.
- Märjamaa, Estonia, the agreement was signed in 1998 between the municipal council of Vihanti and the municipality of Märjamaa.
- Sosnovyi Bor, Russia, the agreement was signed in 2017 together with the Town of Kalajoki and the Municipality of Pyhäjoki. The twinning activities encourage municipal and business community actors as well as recreational actors to collaborate across regions.
- Aiud, Romania, Raahe City Council has decided to start the preparation for a town-twinning agreement on 19/03/2018.
tel. +358 40 135 6777
paula.lumme [at] raahe.fi